Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 10 Update Conflict With Wi-Fi

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Waysender

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Hello, a few days ago I recieved an update from Microsoft and since then I have had trouble connecting to my wi-fi. This isn't the first time a Microsoft update has caused this issue however the normal fixes are not taking hold this time around.

I am set to automatically connect to my router so upon powering on my laptop it seems to briefly connect to my router, shortly thereafter it goes to limited connectivity, and shortly after that it goes to "no internet" despite still being in the populated list of available wi-fi connections.

I am currently able to get online by running the command prompt in admin mode and running...

1. netsh winsock reset

2. netsh int ip reset

Upon rebooting I am able to connect to my wi-fi however this is only a tempoary fix and must be done everytime I turn my laptop on. I ran a Microsoft downloader fix it tool but part of the aformentioned update still will not take hold. If anyone else has come across this or has an idea to solve this issue I am all ears, or I guess all eyes?

I have tried running the fix it/repair tools offered by Microsoft, HP, and Netgear and none are able to solve this issue.

Thank you for your time and effort,

James aka Waysender

1. HP Laptop

2. Wireless Connection (although I can connect via Ethernet cable is needed)

3. Netgear Router R6250

4. I am in the same room as my router (distance has not been an issue when working)

5. Cox Cable

6. I am also running Trend Micro security if this matters

I have run the MiniToolBox and the results are in the attached files. Any additional information needed please feel free to ask. Thank you.

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   28.78KB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users