Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Remove Virus Burst?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixK

PhoenixK

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:28 AM

Hello, this is my 1st post. After reading a few forums online & after downloading Hijackthis, Ccleaner, SmitRem, FixVb.reg and Killbox all of which said to delete the file(s) "eowygj.dll" that of which I don't have, I decided to go ahead and as you guys for help. (!)

Any information on how to remove this irritating System Alert and Critical System Error messages from my Start Up tray would be helpful. All the pop ups lead to a scam website called Virus Burst.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :thumbsup:
In order to help you we need to see what's running on your computer.

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

#3 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:46 PM

As there has been no response, and this thread will now be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users