Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Random' BSODs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HughesJ

HughesJ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

So I've been having to deal with this problem for a few months now, but it didn't affect me much as I do not use my home computer all too much. I've been getting somewhat random BSODs that happen a few minutes after I log in to my account on my PC. I'm currently running on Windows 7 Home Premium and every attempt I've made at fixing this issue has been useless. A little before the BSOD happens I sometimes(not always) get an message about Windows Security Essentials. I've tried to run Malwarebytes and every time I do I get a BSOD. Sometimes my pc functions a bit better and it will work for an hour or two, before getting a BSOD or some other error. The other error I've encountered turns my screen to random lines or colour that looks something like this; https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/197880284144861185/298574749775167498/image.jpg

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:20 AM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Going by the screenshot, this looks like it might be a hardware problem.

I'll move your topic to the appropriate forum.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

The random and unrelated faults are often the fault of a failed CMOS battery. 

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

If you can burn a Linux Min17.3 installation CD (can run from USB, as well),  it will give you the option to run MEMTEST prior to bootup...

Drop to a single stick in required slot, then add a stick (or replace) if it passes, then eventually test with all....

If that's good, test running Mint 17 Live CD for stability. (THis would leave your hard drive/WIndows install/possible corruption as being possible causes if Mint 17 seems to run fine..

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users