Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome Bronwser - Could not translate this page ":

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clade

Clade

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

Again. . . Sorry for my english. . .

How I basically use Chrome, because of the ease with which it translates from any language into the language of interest. . .

There are some sites, as below, there is the message: Could not translate this page ":

Does anyone know how to fix it ...?

Thank you for your attention!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dinotech-stjames

dinotech-stjames

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:02 PM

Hi Clade

The basic verification is to ensure that "Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language you read" is checked under your Settings menu. - Settings -> Show advanced settings (at the bottom of page) -> Languages -> check the box at the bottom of this section.

This is already likely to be checked, so you can jump to the following:

- Clear cache and cookies - if still persists - alternate solutions

- Attempt to load page in chrome incognito mode - Ctrl+Shift+N to open a new tab
- Try to copy the text into Google translate URL page instead

- Last but not least, in attempt to correct Chrome browser issue, reset chrome settings to default:

Settings -> Show advanced settings (at the bottom) -> Reset settings -> Click the reset settings box prompt and confirm reset

For more info on resetting Chrome and what gets reset, consult the official page here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en&vid=0-1230598045430-1491256613344

#3 Clade

Clade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

Sorry  dinotech-stjames!!

I've done it

I ended up forgetting to report, but most of them occur the translation, only a few rare but interesting sites. Something punctual.

#4 Clade

Clade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

Chrome browser experts would assist and work

Has worked.. .

Two situations:

1. Incognito mode of operation from the cleaning of the navigation data. Only until the time of cleaning the cookies, no. Listen, total cleansing, from the beginning;

2. The issue is in the extension Ublock Origin, where two tests, proved to be responsible for non-translation.

I will test the Canari in due course. On other occasions I had already tested it, but I decided to adopt Chrome.

Thank you for your attention!

Regards!

#5 Clade

Clade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Sorry!

It may not have been clear:

In incognito mode, where only cookies were cleaned ... did not translate into Portuguese. Total cleaning, including navigation data.

Clade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users