Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 microsoft account removal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Resilo

Resilo

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

I've read a lot of guides but i need to know from a reliable source is it possible to remove a Microsoft account assuming you don't know the password. And can login to the built in administrator account?

Edited by Resilo, 03 April 2017 - 12:42 PM.

A little information for anyone curious

I am a novice computer technician.

my education is a diploma level in Network Systems Administration.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

• If You don't remember Microsoft account password, You can go to login page and restore or change it
  • Built in Administrator account is always possible to use if You know, how to use.
  • But there is much more methods, that work always.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,819 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

You can always call Microsoft on the phone, they will help you.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Resilo

Resilo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

thanks for the help was able to unlock the built in admin and remove the password didn't know there was a reliable work around for this problem

A little information for anyone curious

I am a novice computer technician.

my education is a diploma level in Network Systems Administration.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

One thing I want to bring up here is that the term "Microsoft Account" and a Windows 10 user account that's linked to a Microsoft Account are not synonymous, though they frequently get used that way because it's been so common for people to set up new Microsoft accounts with the same e-mail address and password that they use for their Windows 10 user accounts because they're actually setting up both at the same time.

Your Windows 10 user account password and your Microsoft Account password are not linked.  You can change each independently of the other and provided the linkage already exists between the two the Windows 10 user account remains linked to the Microsoft Account used when setting it up.

I can attest to this as the password on my Windows 10 user account, which uses the same e-mail address I used to create my Microsoft Account, now has a different password than the Microsoft Account (they were the same at first).  The linkage between the two is maintained no matter how many times you change your password on either side of the equation.

This is why you can take what had been a strictly local Windows 10 user account and add a linkage to a Microsoft account or remove the linkage from what had been a linked account, making it a strictly local Windows 10 user account.

I really wish that the term "Microsoft Account" was not used to denote an actual Microsoft Account you have via the Microsoft Website and a Windows 10 User account that has a linkage to a Microsoft Account.  They should have called the latter something else.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 Mallues

Mallues

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

Do you mean converting Microsoft account login back to a local account without logging into Windows 10?  If so you can try the software like PCUnlocker or Passcape.

If you want to delete the Microsoft online email account itself, please check this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12412/microsoft-account-how-to-close-account

#7 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

Your Microsoft Account information is stored on the MS server and can be changes from any device and it doesn't have to be Windows. You should get a verification like a code texted to your cell to input as verification it's you. 

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users