Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A bit of help need!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

Okay I am a windows man but have a Mac book Air and now I have a problem with my W7 machine { don't laugh} and when typing emails etched using hotmail on the  Mac how do I get to use back space because no matter what I try I can't find back space. Thank you.

Edited by Al1000, 05 April 2017 - 02:28 AM.
moved from Apple iOS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dinotech-stjames

dinotech-stjames

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

Hi Beel,

I am not sure I am understanding correctly: "I have a problem with my W7 machine " 

Is it on the Macbook Air? Macbooks all have a backspace key in the same place as traditional qwerty keyboards. Look next to the += key, you will have a key labelled with a backwards arrow or "delete" depending on your model. That is the backspace key.

You can also hold fn+backspace to delete to the right hand side.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

Hi Beel,
I am not sure I am understanding correctly: "I have a problem with my W7 machine " 

Is it on the Macbook Air? Macbooks all have a backspace key in the same place as traditional qwerty keyboards. Look next to the += key, you will have a key labelled with a backwards arrow or "delete" depending on your model. That is the backspace key.

You can also hold fn+backspace to delete to the right hand side.

As noted, the "delete" key that is located where the backspace key is typically located will function as a backspace key even though it is labeled as "delete". In other words, it will delete text located to the LEFT of the cursor (unless something else modifies it such as a key modifier as noted or something in a program much like much older versions of Microsoft Word had a toggle on the bottom of the window to switch between backspace and delete when in Word).

If you have an EXTENDED external keyboard (i.e. with numeric key pad, etc), it will have a second "delete" that will act as what is typically considered a "true" delete key...i.e. it will delete text to the RIGHT of the cursor. This is definitely true of an Apple Extended USB keyboard, but should also be true of any USB extended keyboard hooked up to a Mac that has a second delete between the main keyboard and the numeric keypad as most (if not all) do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users