Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Syncing Different Systems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DorisMB1956

DorisMB1956

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

I'm not sure where to put this thread, but I'll start here..I am really tired of changing a password or a secure change about a site and having to go to so many different computers to make the same change. I have synced the different computers, but they don't seem to make the connection. I use Last Pass to store passwords, wish used to work fine, but they seem to have made some changes that don't agree with a few of my systems, so I tried blur. but that seems a bit overwhelming. I have a HP Pavilion Desktop, Samsung Notebook, Google Pixle Phone, and Ipad.  Those are the major ones. I do have a Samsung Netbook also that I would like to include in that list eventually. Can someone help me get these synced so that I don't go crazy when I make a change in a password or something that I have to go through security to verify? This is both through Google and Microsoft accounts mostly but just want the computers talking together.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

I dont use any password manager and after the latest exploit with LastPass, this has justified me not using one. people will disagree but its actually safer to write them down in a  book than leave any password online!

What you could look at seen as though you are in the server section, is get a  small home business server for around a thousand bucks and then set that up as a domain so you can then join yourpc's to said domaina nd then use roaming profiles.

So each time you login to a windows machine it will resync the whole user profile over each windows based computer.

It wont work for tablets and or a mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users