Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost photo program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wickerman

wickerman

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:30 AM

i am having a problem with opening downloads, i get halfway through it it directs me to open it . i try and windows photo viewer comes up and says it cant open it

because this file may be corrupt or it is wrong type ( or something) i tried picasa ,that opens and says' invalid image . now i cant' change back .

can anyone help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

Try doing a System Restore.

Press the windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png  and the X key to open the Windows Mobility Center menu.

When the menu opens select Recovery, then click/tap on Open System Restore.

When System Restore opens you will see the image below, click/tap on Next.

sys%20restore1_zpsybgszxv8.png

You will see the image below.  Select a restore point prior to your problem.  Please notice that in the lower left portion of there image the is the option to Show more restore points, use this if there isn't already a restore point above that will work.

sys%20restore2_zpsh2nii6mg.png

Click/tap on Next after selecting your restore point.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

I use Photoshop the free version that I downloaded from the store as my default.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

I still use Windows Photo Viewer from Windows 7, it works like a charm in Windows 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14312-restore-windows-photo-viewer-windows-10-a.html

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:16 AM

it still wont open , i have tried photoshop but i cant find a way of making that my default. tried downloading latest version of photoviewer . still no good

i tried picasa ,everything now is picasa i click on a picture go down to properties and it is picasa. when i try to open it says'  this is not a valid image

how far back can i restore it to.  at the moment i cant' download anything that requires me to open it up.

hope you can help  Dc3  thanks also to   Orlbuckeye    Rocky. your replies where received with thanks.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

You can use any restore point you have, but it needs to be dated prior to your current problem.

To set a program as a default press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the I key to open the Windows Settings.

Click/tap on System, then select Default apps

If you want to choose which program you use to view photos click/tap on Photo viewer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users