Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The requested resource is in use - cannot run exe files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Manuel614

Manuel614

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Ive been downloading a bunch of stuff i need from random websites and i didn't know what i was doing. i used to have a a program that removed viruses,infections.threats,etc but now every time i try opening any malware protection program it tells me that the requested resource is in use and i cant run any PDF files either. Please help i wanna fix this before my computer becomes more infected with other viruses. I have tried to download multiple malware programs and all of them didn't open. Please help!!

Mod Edit:  Moved to MRL per PM request - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 04 April 2017 - 08:06 AM.
Moved from MRL, no logs, to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit Supplement from here

Once you have downloaded the tool (contained in a .zip folder), you will need to extract the contents. We recommend extracting to your desktop.

To extract the files, locate the zipped folder that you want to unzip (extract) files or folders from. To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions. Save them on your desktop

After the files are extracted, double-click the mbar.cmd file. If you are unsure which file this is, try double-clicking both files named mbar - only one of them will run.

Update the Database, then click on Next, then on Scan.

• Let it completes its scan (this can take a while);
  • Once the scan is done, make sure that every item is checked, and click on the Cleanup button (a reboot might be required);
  • After that (and the reboot, if one was required), go back in the mbar folder and look for a text file called mbar-log-TODAY'S-DATE.txt;
  • Copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply;

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that under Optional Scans, there is a checkmark on Addition.txt.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt ). Please attach this to your reply.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,843 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

Are you still with us?

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#4 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,843 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users