Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Read Camera

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Hi,

I have a Fulifilm Finepix S8650 camera. When I was using Windows 7, I could just plug it in via USB and it would appear as a drive on my computer that I could cut and paste from. 

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now I'm no longer to access it. When I plug it in, the camera goes into USB mode, but nothing happens on the computer. I tried installing X Acquire from here: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/application/ but it says "No Camera".

Please can someone tell me how to copy my photos from my camera?

Thank you,

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

Seems to be a common problem with Windows 10. This isn't a Fuji support page but the steps should work for any camera. Look at the Device Manager method. Hopefully it solves the problem.

You may want to contact Fuji support.

Edit: How old is the camera. I just found this page from Fuji concerning Windows 10.

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n150811.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 April 2017 - 09:13 AM.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

This camera uses an SD card to store images.

Why not just take the card out of the camera and connect it directly to the computer using the SD slot available on almost all laptops or an SD cardreader - widely and cheaply available - if it is a desktop without a card reader ?  This method is usually faster than trying to read them by cable and doesn't drain the camera battery.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#4 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. I didn't get very far with the help pages, but I was able to copy directly from the SD card, so that's great.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:19 PM

It's the method I use all the time. When we first started on digital cameras I tried following the maker's advice of using a cable. With a camera powered by AA cells battery life is an expensive consideration !  With a USB 3 card reader and USB 3 capable computers like my wife's laptop and my desktop it is considerably quicker.

That reminds me, must download the images I shot around the new Forth crossing yesterday - just haven't had time !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users