Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs2lots

Mrs2lots

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:18 AM

I am running Windows 10, and my computer runs slow, drops Wi-Fi and can't find pages sometimes. I have tried system restore but it tells me that it was not completed successfully because it couldn't wind some file and I have lost all restore points except for the last 2 restores. Help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

Ive always found doing a system restore in safe mode works best otherwise my Norton product interferes with the restore.

#3 Mrs2lots

Mrs2lots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

how do I get to safe mode in Windows 10

#4 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

Use the Shift + Restart combination

Another way of getting into Safe Mode in Windows 10 is to use the Shift + Restart combination. Open the Start menu and click or tap on the Power button.

Windows 10, Safe Mode, boot, recovery, repair

Then, while keeping the Shift key pressed, click or tap on Restart.

Note that you can also use the Shift + Restart combination from the Sign In screen.

Then, Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. Choose Troubleshoot.

Then, on the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options.

On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings.

Windows 10 notifies you that you can restart your device in order to change advanced boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart.

After Windows 10 reboots, you can choose which boot options you want enabled. To get into Safe Mode, you have three different options.

To enable Safe Mode press the F4key on your keyboard, to enable “Safe Mode with Networking” press F5 and to enable “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” press F6.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:13 AM

Or...

You will need to use an Administrator account to for this.

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key together.  In the menu that opens select Search.  When the Search charm opens type in msconfig.

msconfig will appear below the search box, click/tap on it.

When System Configuration opens click/tap on the Boot tab.

Under Boot options click/tap on Safe boot, then click/tap on Apply, then OK.

The next time you start the computer it will boot into Safe Mode.

Please note.  You computer will continue to boot into Safe Mode when it is started until you go back to System Configuration and remove the check in Safe boot.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users