Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Occasionally receiving audio error while running FL Studio XXL 10

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DarkIlluminatus

DarkIlluminatus

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

I'm usually pretty good with computers, but I give up on this one!

When I'm running FL Studio, and some other studio software I fairly regularly will receive an error where my speakers stop working, and the systray icon for the speakers will have a red X.  I can click the icon, and windows will repair it automatically, so the problem is fixable, however, it happens when I'm in the middle of a session totally screwing up my recording process, and the fix is only temporary.

I'm hoping you may have some insights here about how to rectify this situation.

Not sure what info you need, so here's the basics

Windows 10 Pro x64

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

16 GB RAM

Intel i3 6100 @3.70 GHz

SUPER Antispyware

Gigabyte G1 Z170X-Gaming 3 motherboard LGA 1151

Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 +115dB High Definition Onboard Audio Design

As far as I know all drivers are up to date, I try to keep them regularly updated. Problem increases in frequency when I use my M-Audio Code 49 MIDI Keyboard

The error shown in the troubleshooter is: One or more audio service isn't running. (Troubleshooter can fix it, but it does happen at inopportune times.)

I'm sure you may need some more info, and I'll be happy to provide it.

I've scoured google with little luck because the search terms required are too long for google to be accurate.  Seems like if you search over 4 words for any search on google the accuracy of the results falls drastically :P

Edited by DarkIlluminatus, 01 April 2017 - 09:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

You are installing audio card driver from audio manufacturer or your computer manufacturer website are you?

Use attached batch script to set Windows services to there default startup type.

Attached File  RestoreWindowsServices.zip   3.45KB   1 downloads

Posted Image

#3 DarkIlluminatus

DarkIlluminatus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

I installed both drivers from gigabyte (the mobo manufacturer) website. I've found a temporary fix but it removes all the xfi features I want.

when I uninstall the creative xfi suite it no longer has the issue, but I don't get the production studio quality sound I am accustomed to using, (and purchased this motherboard for) so I'd prefer not to be stuck with that as my fix hehe.

my windows audio services are already at their default settings (automatic). I double checked that right away.

UPDATE:
Actually...after a few hours of the speakers being up, it happened again.  Troubleshooter still fixes it, and still calls it the same thing. So it will still interrupt recording :(

Edited by DarkIlluminatus, 02 April 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Press the windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png  and the X key to open the Windows Mobility Center menu.

When the menu opens select Device Manager.

Look for yellow warning icons or red error icons when the Device Manager opens.  If there is on double click on it, click/tap on Driver and uninstall it.  When you restart the computer a new driver will be installed.

Edited by dc3, 03 April 2017 - 10:32 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 DarkIlluminatus

DarkIlluminatus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

hehe this is one of the first things I thought of, I uninstalled, reinstalled the driver (even though it showed no errors)

The issue persists. Audio lasts for about twenty minutes before I have to run the automatic troubleshooter and then restart the app or page for whatever I was watching, or whatever I was making music in.

Is it possible that ASIO4ALL is causing the problem?  I don't think I noticed the problem before I installed it.

I would hate to have to uninstall it, because it would affect FL Studio negatively, but perhaps there is a solution that doesn't require removing it?

Edited by DarkIlluminatus, 03 April 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 DarkIlluminatus

DarkIlluminatus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

seasonic m12ii-750 80+ bronze

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aOgdkJ1F7v1b7nAod0GUoFb

that is an eerily thorough output.  Not sure how I feel about having my IP so naked >.>

Also, just found this:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2543

could that be my problem?

UPDATE:  

So, for the last 2 hours, my audio has been working fine.

The only difference in what I am doing is that I have closed Chrome, and utilized UC Browwser instead.

Hoping this continues, and if it does, perhaps I can isolate the problem to a chrome add on or extension.

UPDATE 2:
nope :( Not chrome. crap.

Edited by DarkIlluminatus, 04 April 2017 - 10:54 PM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

Why are the updates not configured? 

Do you have the Anniversary update installed?

You only have 48GB of free space left on your ssd, that's like 11%.  I would suggest that you move some of your files to your hdd to free up more space.

One thing you can (and should) do would be to uninstall FL Studio, download it and reinstall it.  There is a possibility that there could be file corruption causing this problem.

#9 DarkIlluminatus

DarkIlluminatus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

I was nervous about anniversary update, because I had read many cases where people use a SSD and an HDD and allow windows to store user folders on the HDD that could cause the computer to fail to boot.  I just installed the Anniversary update on the thought: Well, since I turned it off with "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" I turned it back on with the counter thought "It's definitely broke, so let's fix it."

My drives run pretty well, and the reason it's so full is that is where I keep my VST Instrument's libraries to increase the speed in which they respond to my midi controller, and the OS, and that's all that's really on that drive, and it also runs smoothly, with the audio issue being the only issue I experience.

I'm going to see if the error continues now that the windows update service is back on, and Windows 10 is fully updated/upgraded, if that fails I will attempt to reinstall FL Studio and let you know.  As of this moment, I do not know if the issue is resolved, so I'm gonna start up some Infected Mushroom and wait and see.  It's possible that a driver update I used for the audio was mismatched to current windows updates, and fortunately, the Anniversary update did not, indeed, break my computer :)

I'm also receiving a 2TB HDD tomorrow so that I can backup everything and reinstall windows 10 if need be.  Thanks for your help, and I'll reply (I know, double post, ick) to update this topic to let you all know if it happens again, or if it is resolved.

UPDATE
1.5 hours continuous music, so far so good

Edited by DarkIlluminatus, 05 April 2017 - 04:15 PM.

#10 DarkIlluminatus

DarkIlluminatus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Okay, It's been 9 hours and 15 minutes with constant and heavy sound.  It appears that the windows updates have fixed the issue, I guess we can close this topic.  Thank you all!

Edited by DarkIlluminatus, 06 April 2017 - 12:31 AM.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:13 AM

Glad to hear the problem is resolved.

Topics here at Bleeping Computer usually are not closed.  The only times that a topic is closed is if it conflicts with another topic or becomes too heated or controversial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users