Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD keeps popping up Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fred93

fred93

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

I built a pc for my wife on 5.26.2011 (she does work for her son’s business—she is on the computer 5-6 hours per day).

For the last two months her pc has started having the BSOD problem (see pictures attached). Mostly it happens when she walks away & the pc is just on & do not doing anything in particular (not downloading or uploading files or whatever). Sometimes it will reboot by itself sometimes the blue screen just stays on the monitor.

I hope that I have properly posted the necessary information per the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista I apologize in advance if I have left something out.

This computer was built by me on 5.26.2011  Nothing has been added or changed since then. The case has been opened several times for cleaning & checking. The last time was last week, after several BSOD’s had occurred. I also pulled the four 4gb memory sticks out & reinstalled just to make sure they were connected properly.

Specs are :

Windows7 64-bit OS (full retail version)

Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Contiuous power ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V 80 PLUS CERTIFIED ACTIVE PFC POWER SUPPLY

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB HD (Internal main HD)

Intel i7-2600K  Sandy Bridge 3.40GHz *(3.8 GHz Turbo Boost) 8MB Cache  LGS1155,  95W  CPU  Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Dynatron K985 92mm Ball CPU Cooler for Intel LGA Socket 1151 / 1150 / 1155 / 1156

Intel DH67BL  Unlocked & Unleashed--MB

16GB Ram

Two DVD Burners

Additional fans--- (2) x ENERMAX UC-8EB 80mm Case Fan----- (1) - Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan for Computer Cases, CPU Coolers, and Radiators ---(1)- Scythe SY1225SL12SH 120mm "Slipstream" Case Fan (As you can see I have a thing for fans)

2.0 TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk External HD for a backup

FYI--I downloaded & ran Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App---the program created the zip file but when I started creating this post that zip was empty--don't know why that happened. So I zipped the unzipped file and attached it here. I hope that is okay--if not please let me know. I am at a disadvantage because I had to run that program on the wife's pc when she was not working on it, then copy it to a flash drive so that I could create this post on my pc. She uses her pc all day so this was the only way I could get things rolling without tying up her pc.

2017.04.02 update-----FYI----I am running the Driver Verifier program as directed. It has only been running approx 6 hours (three hours last night & three hours this morning). The wife has been working at the pc this morning (about one hour) & just now when she clicked to open Google Chrome she had the BSOD appear along with a buzzing noise coming the the speakers.

2017.04.02 4:48pm EST update---FYI--I had to turn off Driver Verifier--BSOD came on again--wife is having a fit--says it was the program that is causing it--may be right--I don't know!!!! Never used to come on this many times while she was working.

Attached Files

Edited by fred93, 02 April 2017 - 03:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports - yet there are many BSOD's listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report

If using a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner), please stop

Next, please do the following:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

Once all that is done, if you still don't have memory dumps, let the system crash a couple of times with Driver Verifier.
I suggest using my instructions for Driver Verifier:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

If you still don't get dump files, then the most likely explanation is a hardware problem.

Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.  We'll move on from there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports - yet there are many BSOD's listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report

If using a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner), please stop

Next, please do the following:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

Once all that is done, if you still don't have memory dumps, let the system crash a couple of times with Driver Verifier.
I suggest using my instructions for Driver Verifier:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

If you still don't get dump files, then the most likely explanation is a hardware problem.

Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.  We'll move on from there.

I can't get to her pc for a week or two (unless it crashes big time--she is continually working on it right now)--as soon as I can I will follow your procedures.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

Not a problem.  I am notified by email when you reply - and I'll get back to you as soon as I can (usually within 48 hours).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

Several weeks ago I removed & reinstalled the four ram sticks just in case they were causing the problem. (I had installed these several months ago and I thought that MAYBE that was the problem) I have not had a BSOD sinceI reinstalled them. Also, I have built a new pc to replace the one mentioned above. Once I get everything set up on the new one I plane to format the HD on the old one & use it as a spare.So I guess we can call this post closed!

Edited by fred93, 15 May 2017 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users