Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WiFi connection drops

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sundial

Sundial

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

I've been using a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop since the beginning of this year with few problems. In the past month or so, however, I've had an issue with the WiFi. About once a day, I will suddenly lose connection to my home WiFi network. When I open up the network tab, the network will often be missing from the list, in which case I have to turn the WiFi on and off again to get it to show up. Once it does show up, the computer will reconnect after a few seconds, but it will promptly lose the connection after 20 seconds or so. This continues for somewhere around 20 minutes, after which the connection will remain stable and continue as usual.

Reading some information online, I generated and looked at a wlanreport, and found that the session drops were caused by the network adapter, an Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 3160, which I thought was pretty strange. I checked and ensured that it was up to date and then tried performing a network reset to see if the reinstallation of adapters involved would resolve the problem. It didn't, unfortunately, so I'm not entirely sure of what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users