Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Momoo

Momoo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hello Everyone,

I would like to have some assistance concerning some problem which i am having with my company`s network. 

So the thing is i have a laptop which is working perfectly fine with the My home WI-FI, however when i go to work i take it with me than in my free time i try to download something from Torrent or Connect to Steam or Origin but it does not connect, even though i have everything working Youtube,  Facebook etc... i can browse freely, if someone can be of some help please i`d appreciate it 

Thank you very much 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

More than likely your network administrator has those sites blocked for security purposes. You'll need to discuss how to work within the corporate policy to gain access on your personal machine with the network administrator. We can't help you bypass what ever security is in place at your place of employment.

From the [url=https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/]Forum Rules[/url:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

I have bolded the relevant part of our forum rule relevant to this.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Momoo

Momoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

i don`t think that`s the case since i literally tried some +18 sites just to check if there are any specific website blocked by them and it worked and every single website that i have tried so far worked without a problem the only thing is the connection in  origin, steam and torrent`s servers which does not connect and when i try to see the ping in the command prompt  it always says request time out and after 4 times it says 100% loss of internet 

Edited by Momoo, 01 April 2017 - 06:11 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

Again, you'll need to discuss this with your network administrator.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users