Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen keeps cutting out and IDK why

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RoutineInsanity

RoutineInsanity

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:50 AM

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help me out with an issue that has been bothering me for a little while now.

Every now and then, sometimes multiple times fairly quickly, I'll be messing around on my computer (watching Amazon, YouTube, Netflix, playing games, etc.) and the screen will just go black for 2-4 seconds(and just recently started doing this multicolored static thing), then come back on and be normal. I've updated my drivers and ran my scans, but it is a persistent problem. It doesn't really bother me when it happens while watching something (audio still plays just fine) but when I'm playing a game I'm virtually guaranteed a death, and that gets pretty frustrating.

any and all help is much appreciated.

and thank you in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2017 - 02:04 PM.
Moved from Gen Chat to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RoutineInsanity

RoutineInsanity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5AaXiPleKzVUDNfbFRnX3M4Tjg/view?usp=sharing

This is what it keeps doing, if it helps at all

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

Try to open up your computer, if it's out of warranty, and clean it up, especially the video card socket. Also, make sure all monitor cables are plugged in correctly. :)

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

Make and  model of the computer and monitor ?

It certainly does look like you are getting a disconnect at times. apart from the cables check, if you are using a seperate video card, that it is properly plugged into the mobo and that any connections such as power to it are good.

If you have access to a different moitor a swap would tell you whether it is the ccomputer or the monitor that is at fault.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users