Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lebron James Virus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jschutkeker

jschutkeker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

Wasn't there a news story several months ago about malware with the signature "Lebron James" and "Upayadv1." I just stumbled onto those directories on my machine and sanitized them, but I'd like to track down the historical record of this malware. Googling those two strings (and various permutations) didn't help me at all. Can anybody tell me when this malware was in the news, and what were the circumstances of it's news coverage? TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 36,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

Greetings.

Never heard of it. Since this topic does not involve the active removal of malware it is being closed.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#3 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 36,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users