Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Super slow web browser ( Firefox)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gazinbali

gazinbali

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:46 AM

I have a laptop and a desktop.. both run the same Win 7, both run Firefox 49.02..

The laptop is pretty quick to load .. usually only a few seconds delay.. On the desktop.. the same page may NEVER load..
the little wheel icon just spins and I get timeout errors.. if it does load its a matter of minutes not seconds.

They are synced accounts with the same addons etc.. both work from the same WiFi router..

Can someone please  help as its really frustrating to have to wait wait wait..

Thanks

Gazza

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' PowerPC G3

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,711 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Have you tried resetting Firefox? Instructions are here. Also, you may want to update Firefox from 49 to 52, since your computer supports 52.

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM. 

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users