Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue related to installing programs that install drivers

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mistervel

mistervel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

Whenever I install things like cyberghost or itunes, The installation ends up missing the drivers and then proceeds to give me a error that says something like installation failed and some drivers weren't installed. Is there anyway I can fix this issue regarding installation of anything that comes with a driver installation? Cyberghost ended up running but it still seems like there is a missing driver for the vpn and itunes gives a error everytime I open it and says "A required iTunes component is not installed. Please repair or reinstall iTunes (-45075)" and I could've swore when I first installed iTunes it said something about the bonjour driver not being able to get installed. Also I have tried reinstalling and using the repair option on the iTunes installer multiple times even with the "Run as administrator" option and it keeps giving me the same error.

Anybody mind helping me?

Attached File  installationerror.PNG   308.39KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:31 AM

I don't know anything about Cyberghost but I have installed iTunes on probably 50 or 60 different computers for various people and not once did the installation require a driver.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

Software does not install or require drivers. Drivers are an interface between your OS and hardware. It's very difficult to follow your post about itunes, sorry.

#4 badtoad

badtoad

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:52 AM

I have same issue.Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Cyberghost.EEK driver is signed,do not know about Cyberghost driver(browser protection driver).Seems to be a bug in Windows 10.Tried test mode and did not help.Totally disabling driver enforcement does not seem like a good idea and may not work anyway.Issue does not happen all the time.

#5 mistervel

mistervel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

Software does not install or require drivers. Drivers are an interface between your OS and hardware. It's very difficult to follow your post about itunes, sorry.

It does in fact install a driver when you install itunes and it is the ios device driver to let you manage the ios device and be compatible with a computer and when I'm using ifunbox It says I cannot manage the iphone via ifunbox because the ios device driver is not installed even though I did what it said and i installed iTunes and it still shows the same error of itunes ios driver not being installed and also itunes not being able to launch because of it missing components after install

Attached Files

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

It does in fact install a driver when you install itunes and it is the ios device driver to let you manage the ios device and be compatible with a computer and when I'm using ifunbox It says I cannot manage the iphone via ifunbox because the ios device driver is not installed even though I did what it said and i installed iTunes and it still shows the same error of itunes ios driver not being installed and also itunes not being able to launch because of it missing components after install

First, please use punctuation. Your post is very difficult to read. Thanks ;)

Second, I have iTunes installed on every computer I own and can't find an ios device driver on any of them. Having said that, I won't argue that perhaps such a driver is in fact installed with the software and I may indeed be mistaken. Clearly such a driver would be the interface between Windows and the ios device, if used.

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

I have installed iTunes on at least 50 different computers for various clients and there has never been a driver. I just checked on the few that I have access to around here and there is no iTunes driver installed at all.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

I have done a lot of reading on this and what you need is NOT a driver for iTunes, you need a driver for your device. There is a huge difference. iTunes is software, which does not require any drivers. An iPad or iPhone is a device, which does require a driver.

That is why you were getting the responses that you were getting, you were asking the wrong question.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 mistervel

mistervel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

I have done a lot of reading on this and what you need is NOT a driver for iTunes, you need a driver for your device. There is a huge difference. iTunes is software, which does not require any drivers. An iPad or iPhone is a device, which does require a driver.

That is why you were getting the responses that you were getting, you were asking the wrong question.

Nevermind, I figured out the fix by myself I had to uninstall avg because its firewalls were creating installation errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users