Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to rescue data from a Dell E1705 with no monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elfmagic

elfmagic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

The monitor on my old PC is dead. The Hard Drive works fine, no question about it. For a time the thing worked fine with a monitor plugged into the adapter on the back of the machine, but the settings some how got screwed up in Windows and now I can't reconfigure the display to handle a slave or secondary monitor again.

I would really like to recover the hard disk. Is there an adapter that would allow me to plug the drive into another PC, and access the data?

Any advice would be welcome. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

There are a number ways to approach it.

A USB enclosure for a 2.5 drive

A USB docking station

A USB adapter for both IDE and SATA 2.5 and 3.5

Attach any of the above to another computer.

#3 elfmagic

elfmagic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

Thank you. I'll investigate each for the least expensive option. I appreciate your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users