Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows BSOD - Help!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ImpGod

ImpGod

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hi, I've recently been having a frequent amount of blue screens seemingly randomly with my computer. Any help I can get will be appreciated.

The common error I see is an issue with NTOSKRNL.exe, after a lot of google searches I couldn't resolve the problem on my own. 

I did a Windows Memory Diagnostic test and no errors came back.

I'll attach the CollectionApp and Perfmon zip files to this post as one of your threads specified.

Operating System - Windows 10

System Bit - x64

Original OS - Windows 7

Is the OS an OEM version - I upgraded to Windows 10 manually from the iso creation tool off Microsoft's website

Age of System - Around 1-2 years

Age of OS Installation - Installed Windows 10 Yesterday.

CPU - AMD FX-8350 (8 Cores)

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1

MotherBoard - Gigabyte ATX Socket AM3+ ( AMD 9 Series FX Motherboards - GA-970A-D3P)

PSU - Corsair CX600 (600w)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 (1600 Mhz, PC3 12800)

Manufacturer - Built on my own, purchased parts from Amazon.

Desktop PC.

Thanks for the help, Ill attach the 2 files and then a screen shot of BlueScreenView, if it helps.

Attached Files

Edited by ImpGod, 31 March 2017 - 02:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lloyd99901

lloyd99901

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

It's possible that you are facing a Kernel Security Check Failure, this is usually caused due to Memory or Driver incompatibility or corruption of system data.

I recommend running this in Safe mode with networking before trying the steps down below.

1:Try to check for the latest updates

2:Run SFC in the command prompt

3:Try and make sure that all connections on the motherboard are connected properly E.G. RAM and Hard drive

4.Press WIN+R and type verifier into the runbox and hit enter (learn how to use it here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-driver-verifier-device-manager)

Edited by lloyd99901, 31 March 2017 - 02:39 PM.

#3 ImpGod

ImpGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

Okay, In Safe mode now, running the SFC /SCANNOW about 60% complete, I'll let you know the results. Ran the verifier and it said "No unsigned drivers have been found."

After these complete I'll shut down, re-seat the Ram and GPU on the motherboard and reboot. Should I try anything else?

EDIT:

SFC /SCANNOW has finished, results say:

"Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Let me know of anything else I can try, sadly though I have to go to work for now, Once i get back home I'll re-seat the RAM and GPU then check back here...

Thanks for the help.

Edited by ImpGod, 31 March 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#4 lloyd99901

lloyd99901

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

1 Question,

Is this constant on windows booting or logging in or does it appear when you are logged on for a few minutes?

And you can always use the advanced start-up to use things such as the Automatic repair and the system restore tool.

But you could always make a recovery drive and copy the systems files onto it to reinstall Windows (But only use this as a LAST resort).

Steps:

1:From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
2:When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select Next.
3:Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
4:Once finished, restart your computer and enter the select boot drive selection and goto the USB name and hit enter.
5:Then there should be more tools to help you such as the Refresh windows tool.
Hope this helps!

Edited by lloyd99901, 31 March 2017 - 03:37 PM.

#5 ImpGod

ImpGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Hey, I'm at work now so I can't perform anymore tests, although I can still answer your questions. You asked how constitant this issue is,

It isnt constant at all, somedays it never happens. Other days it happens a bunch of times. It never happens before im able to log in, it usually lets me use the pc normally, most recently it happens after about an hour of use on the computer, then the blue screen happens. But like i said, it never occurs until ive logged in and used the computer for a bit.

Now for the steps you asked me to take, i can try it but is it really necessary to try? That installation of windows happened last night, i was using windows 7 the whole time before that and for whatever reason i decided to switch to 10. So the installtion of 10 is brand new still, i even re formatted both my drives before upgrading.

Note: this issue also occured while i was on windows 7, it just wasnt very frequent.

#6 lloyd99901

lloyd99901

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

I've got some more things you could try.

1:In command prompt type chkdsk /f C:

2:Search for the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.

3:Check if all the drivers are up to date

To see if you have outdated drivers, open Device Manager in the same manner you opened the Memory Diagnostic and the Disk Check. Right-click all your devices and click Update driver. If a problem happens after E.G. Sound not working

Right click and goto properties and Roll back the driver.

Hope that helps

Edited by lloyd99901, 31 March 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#7 ImpGod

ImpGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

Okay, I'm home and did some of the suggestions you told me. 

I started with setting up a Chkdsk /f on both of my drives, the C: and D: drive that did it's thing on my next restart.

Next, I shut down the computer, opened it up and re-seat the RAM into a different slot and re plugged the drives.

Upon rebooting the computer it performed the CHKDSK on both the drives, they didn't take very long, around 3-5 minutes for it to be complete and now I'm back on my normal desktop. The CHKDSK didn't show me any errors or if it found anything, so I assume it didn't find anything or fixed what it did find. 

Lastly, I went through everything in Device Manager (this took forever) and attempted to update each device. No device was outdated, Everything said it was at the latest version.

Also, I performed a Windows Memory Diagnostic check before I made this post and it said nothing was wrong so I did not perform another one.

I'm currently back on my computer, I've been on it for about 30 minutes now and no BlueScreen so far. Hoping it's fixed, If there's anything else you'd like me to do let me know, if not I will reply to this again if a blue screen happens or I will reply saying that my issue has been resolved If I don't receive another BlueScreen by this Monday - Tuesday (3-4 days)

Thanks for the help so far! (CROSSING MY FINGERS)

Edited by ImpGod, 31 March 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#8 ImpGod

ImpGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Okay, another blue screen just occured. After using the computer around 2 hours i got another blue screen error was something like "Windows Service Exception"

Do you need me to post anymore logs or should i try something else?

#9 ImpGod

ImpGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:26 AM

Another update. After that Blue Screen occurred I was not able to log in to my computer at all without it throwing errors and Blue Screens so i had to resort to doing a System Restore, and it ended up Reinstalling windows. 

I've been using it for about 3 hours now and no issues so far. Maybe the windows reinstall helped. 

Ill do as I said before, if anything happens again ill post it here, if nothing happens within a week or so I'll close the thread.

#10 lloyd99901

lloyd99901

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:23 AM

Now about the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, This error indicates that your system process has malfunctioned. In other words, this means that your Windows installation and your drivers are incompatible with each other.

The most common cause for SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error is corrupt, outdated or malfunctioned drivers. Sometimes this error is also caused due to bad memory or incorrect Registry configuration.

Now about the reinstall of Windows, Once you've installed Windows 10, disable any anti-viruses/antispyware/security software (not including the Windows Defender) and see if any blue screen happens.
If a blue screen does happen however, disable the Windows Defender too, or (If you can) disable all applications that you've installed and run Windows while for example watch something or leave it there.
Sometimes running Windows without programs that you've installed can help diagnose the problem further

Edited by lloyd99901, 01 April 2017 - 03:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users