my issue started happening after I disconnected a 3 pin from my pc and reconnected it while it was running. Now I frequently get a frozen screen that looks noise with colors from desktop. Does that sound familiar? Please let me know. I also took a picture if you want me to upload it. I somehow managed to get windows to repair when all other attempts failed. I am going to upload some pics of what showed up through trial and error. After windows did a repair and system restore, I was able to avoid the weird freeze on post-windows boot. This first picture is what I saw when I reconnected a 3pin fan to my psu, while the pc was on. The 2nd picture is the freeze that kept occurring right after my desktop shows up on the screen. I seem to be doing just fine now after getting windows to repair. Any ideas what could have caused this? I was only able to get windows to repair by one specific way, and that was switching to my integrated intel HD graphics. The repair option showed up when I did that. Please someone give me some idea as to what happen. Thanks !
· OS - Windows 7
· What was original installed OS on system? N/A
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
· Age of system (hardware) 1-2 years
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? a few months ago
· CPU = 6700k
· Video Card = Sapphire 290
· MotherBoard - Gigabyte z170x gaming 7
· Power Supply - brand & wattage Corsair 650w
· System Manufacturer - custom
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)
· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop
Edited by element72, 31 March 2017 - 06:26 AM.