Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unstable Ping, times out constantly. Is there a fix?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Candro

Candro

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Hello, I've had this issue for years now and it's only been getting worse. I hope this is the correct place to post this.

My internet connection with this computer has become very spotty and unstable, losing connection for a second before continuing just fine for a few seconds to a minute or so, then losing it again. This happens repeatedly, sometimes in standard intervals of every 5-10 seconds, or randomly while the connection is more or less stable.

The internet connection is much more stable with other devices, though they also time out every once in a while.

I've conferred with a few people and they have no idea what could be causing this, so I'm hoping somebody here could help me identify the problem.

I'm running on Windows 7, using command lines to track my internet stability. This computer is connected through a wireless USB plugin, a Netgear model A6210. I suspect that it's wearing out and I need to replace it since it only seems to get worse on this computer, but it's only 6 months old and I've had this issue for years. We've even replaced routers and modems with no change in stability. Also contacted Time Warner (our ISP) about the issue, and they sent people to check things out, but their attempted fixes haven't done anything either.

I also have a screenshot of the command prompt showcasing the problem.

Unstable%20ping2_zps5b1eimrp.png

If anyone here could help me identify what's causing it, I would greatly appreciate it. I would love to have a stable connection again, especially for this computer since it's the worst afflicted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ultima2448

ultima2448

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

I have an issue very similar to yours.  I am suffering from what looks to be (according to my router logs) a DDOS attack.  Several different IP addresses showing up as a teardrop attack/DOS.  I have posted about my issue here last week with no answer and have emailed one of my isp's network engineers with no answer as well.  Seems like no one wants to touch any of these issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users