Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What do you think about this American College?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Hello,

What are your thoughts or impressions, if any, about Berea College, situated in the state of Kentucky, USA?

Do you think they would accept an elderly international student in his late 20s, requiring a full-ride scholarship, but ready to work anything to lessen the financial strain on the donors of the university? I have a not so great performance record, with a high school unweighted GPA of 3.7 from relatively-rigorous curriculum, 1850 SAT and a couple of meaningful out-of-class activities such as charities, past membership in People To People International and the occasional translation-related work experience.

I've heard Kentucky, as with all USA states, is generally pretty warm in terms of hospitality and has many friendly people. :)

All input will be appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by Just_One_Question, 30 March 2017 - 04:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,631 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

The maximum SAT score is 1600 https://magoosh.com/hs/sat/about-the-sat/2016/what-is-the-highest-score-on-the-new-sat-a-qa/

An elderly person is in his 60s.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

Thank you for your response!
I meant 1850 out of 2400. My score without the Writing portion of SAT is 1200 points.
I wanted to say an older student, I apologise. :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 30 March 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#4 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

bump

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

"An elderly international student in his late 20s"

Unless one is 10 or 12 years old or younger 'late 20s' is not generally considered elderly. I was 25 when i went to University and 29 when i graduated. Older than the average perhaps but not elderly !

By the bye, there is absolutely no point in bumping a topic in the General Topics area of BC as people will only post if they are interested in or amused by the topic. It is fair enough after a reasonable time interval - generally 48 hours - in the technical help sections.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users