Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Internet not working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hhishere

Hhishere

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Since I ran Adwcleaner I have not been able to connect to the Internet my Lan adapter shows up but the IPv6 and IPv4 are not connected I've already tried reseting my winsock and such in my cmd and I still can't get it to work! I have some bad feelings it isn't working due to something being deleted in the registry.

Edited by Hhishere, 30 March 2017 - 11:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hhishere

Hhishere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

Btw I do not have any other computer at home so I can not download anything and move it over to my computer

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Do you have a restore point taken before using Adwcleaner?

#4 Hhishere

Hhishere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

No sadly.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,018 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

Can you connect using Safe Mode with Networking? Possible doing a sfc /scannow at the command prompt would repair any missing or corrupt system files? If you do not have access to another computer your only other option is to consult a good shop or find a library that allows you to download files to a flash drive. Windows Repair has a Network Repair function that may fix the problem.

I assume you also reset TCP/IP using the netsh command.

If you are using Windows own firewall then try resetting. Open an elevated command prompt and type

netsh advfirewall reset

Did you use an elevated command prompt when resetting winsock and TCP/IP?

CMD in the search box > Right click Run as Administrator.

Edit: Look at the registry hive dates in C:\Windows\System32\config\Regback.   Are the dates before using Adwcleaner?

Edit Edit: If the dates are before using Adwcleaner you will need a CD to create a Windows 7 System Repair Disk.

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 March 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#6 Hhishere

Hhishere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

While doing the sfc /scannow there were corrupt files that weren't able to be restored should I send you the Log?

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,018 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

I am not that experienced in diagnosing the logs. I would also remove your email from the post as it can be used to send you spam. It seems more and more people are losing internet after scanning with Adwcleaner, at least from my perspective. 

To cut down on the size of the log file type the following after running sfc /scannow. Run it again and when finished type the following in a command prompt. Use the quotes. Make a note of the spaces. 

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will put the text file sfcdetails on the desktop. Open it and copy the contents to your next post.

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 March 2017 - 01:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users