Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSODs when playing games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tbigfish

tbigfish

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

I'm getting regular BSODs when playing DOTA. The error message is usually related to memory corruption, although they seem to be getting weirder as time goes on, perhaps leading me to believe it is a motherboard issue. I have 2x16GB DDR4 RAM, and I've tested them each in isolation on memtest, both passed. When I tested them together, the test stopped functioning after an hour - no error, it just literally stopped doing anything.

Minidumps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_kMoYinePjeLWFPdHlCS3ZCU1k?usp=sharing

My build:

- Gigabyte X99M-Gaming 5 Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard

- EVGA BQ 850W 80 Plus Bronze Semi Modular Power Supply

- Intel i7-5820K 3.30GHz (Haswell-E) Socket LGA2011-V3 Processor - Retail (BX80648I75820K)

- G.skill 32GB(16GBx2) G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 PC24000 3000MHz C15 Kit - F4-3000C15D-32GTZ

- Inno3D GeForce GTX 980 "iChill Herculez X4 Air Boss Ultra" 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (C98U-1SDN-M5DNX)

Any ideas?

Attached Files

Edited by tbigfish, 31 March 2017 - 03:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tbigfish

tbigfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

I just tried resetting the CMOS, and now the memtest shows a massive number of errors with both sticks of RAM installed. Something is definitely amiss. 

Any ideas?

#3 tbigfish

tbigfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

No one? :(

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:32 AM

Please be patient... we're all volunteers and sometimes life gets in the way.

Anyway, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files in your next reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users