Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build; subwoofer works, but center only tries to play subwoofer audio?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Punkrulz

Punkrulz

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Hey guys,

I just built a new computer using an MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard which uses Realtek HD Audio driver. I'm using a Creative Inspire 5300 speaker setup which is 5.1 surround sound, however I am not using the rear speakers on it. Also note, I may have had this issue before but can't for the life of me remember the resolution.

After connecting the speakers to the system, the center speaker doesn't work. Instead of receiving center channel audio, it's solely receiving subwoofer type audio. While playing games, this makes playing virtually impossible especially in games that utilize the center channel (IE communication voices in Mass Effect: Andromeda). 

I've already tried using the swap center / subwoofer option, but the subwoofer is receiving the correct audio it seems. Center just receives a low "bassy" noise.

Has anyone run into this before? I haven't been able to really find a fix online that works for me. I've already tried messing with the cables, "attempting" to tell the jacks that the speaker is something else (though I only get one option, so that doesn't work), and moving the cables to different jacks to see if that helps. Center / Subwoofer is definitely in the center / subwoofer jack.

Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 17 April 2017 - 02:33 PM.
Moved from A/V Software to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:55 AM

hi,

i don't know if the following link will give you the answer

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2630626/set-desktop-surround.html

i suspect that your problem have to do with wrong settings and not with your connections

here is another link

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=142684.0

#3 Punkrulz

Punkrulz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

Hey Nikos, thanks for the reply. I was able to resolve the issue, and it was a problem with the physical wire running to the speaker itself. Back when my cat was more of a pain, he chewed through the wire on that speaker so I had to resplice it and fix it. For some reason something must've happened, so I respliced and replaced all of the tape on it. It seems to be working fine now.

Thanks!

#4 Nouvest

Nouvest

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

i encountered similar problem, did you find solution?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users