Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regular BSOD's now pc is dead

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Morphyoumax

Morphyoumax

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:49 AM

Hi,

I've been getting regular BSOD's on my pc, was thinking about posting here but then it cleared up. Until today. Now it's not even starting up, no signal to the monitor or anything.

BSOD codes from before were the following (oldest to most recent):

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

Couldn't be loaded properly because a critical system driver is missing or contained errors:

File: \windows\system32\drivers\Wdf01000.sys

Error Code: 0xxc0000221

MEMORY MANAGEMENT

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

A friend thinks its probably the RAM, so if people here think it's a good idea I might go and get a stick to swap in to see if that helps? Can't even load get a monitor signal with a boot device at the moment, hence no files attached to this post.

Win 10, 650W power supply, i5, msi krait motherboard, 16gb Ram (Kingston I think), gtx 1070.

Any help much appreciated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

Start with these bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

Probably ram, motherboard or power supply. If nothing happens when you press the power switch, probably the ps.

#4 Morphyoumax

Morphyoumax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Thanks Allan and John!
I'll look into the bootable diagnostics tomorrow, and perhaps get some ram to swap in as well to see if that works. It's powering up successfully so hoping its not the power supply.
I'll keep this thread posted with updates.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

Multiple and varied bsod's (such as yours) are usually a major hardware failure. In my experience usually ps or mobo. If it's booting properly my guess is mobo, but it's very difficult to diagnose a motherboard or cpu failure from a distance ;)

#6 Morphyoumax

Morphyoumax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:01 AM

So today I reset the cmos and and changed the ram configuration - when putting them in one at a time found one didnt work and other does, so I'm hoping that's the problem - with the (maybe) faulty stick out I've managed to reinstall windows and everything is working ok.

Is there a way I can check the stick of ram to confirm that it's dodgy? (And by extension that hopefully nothing else is dodgy)?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:18 AM

The bootable diagnostics that I mentioned ( http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html ) include a memory test that you can use to test the memory sticks.

THere's also some more free hardware diagnostics here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

If it works with one stick, that's likely your problem (the other one is bad).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users