Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I fix Outlook Mac Export Functions?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PaunConnor

PaunConnor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

I need to export my outlook mac emails to windows outlook. But my outlook export functions is dead. It does not export any file. Also it recently came to my knowledge that we cannot import outlook mac files into windows outlook. Now how am I supposed to do this Outlook mac to Windows Outlook migration?

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

What kind of email account is it? Is it an IMAP account? If so, then you should just be able to log into account in Outlook in Windows and all your messages should already be there since they are stored on the server. The exception would be an messages that you might have moved to a folder that is only a local folder. If there are such messages, then you just copy them (in Outlook for Mac) back into one of the IMAP folders.

If it is a POP3 account, then one option would be to setup an IMAP account (as most modern email account are), setup that IMAP account in Outlook for Mac, and then move all the POP3 messages stored into Outlook for Mac TEMPORARILY into the IMAP account. Then when you have both the POP3 and IMAP accounts setup in Outlook for Windows, you just copy the messages back from the IMAP folders (that will show up in Outlook for Windows because they are synced to the server of an IMAP account) to the POP3 account folders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users