Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Additional logon information may be required' from wifi icon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wdrbbq

wdrbbq

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

I've just started receiving this pop up from the wifi icon in my system tray. I have an HP laptop with Windows 7. This laptop has been on this wifi nearly constantly for 4 years. In scanning search results I've noticed that it seems to be a Windows 7 problem or a Windows Update problem. It has no effect and when I click on the balloon it merely takes me to a new tab in my browser. That's all. It's annoying. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how to get rid of it without going into the registry and making changes, as I've seen in some proposed fixes, unless necessary. Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users