Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build. No post...(I think) No Picture, Got Fans, Got Lights. help?!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lipsmokeruk

lipsmokeruk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

So my friend gave me an

asus m5a7bl-m/USB motherboard

and a HD 7950 3gb edition

I'v been chewing around with the idea of building my own rig up and had an old gaming case laying around.

I ordered AMD Piledriver FX-8 Eight Core 8350 Black Edition 4.00GHz

Cooler Master Seidon 240V Liquid CPU Cooler

Corsair Builder Series CX 750W V2 '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply 

Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit 

And Artic Paste.

I Built the system up. Standoffs correct etc. Board in.. Cpu in. paste on, cooler on etc...

When i turn the power on (not switched on, just ready) the mobo has a red light, then when i hit the case on switch, she fires up. GPU lights come on. CPU fans come on, (CPU fan is now my rad fans right?) and the motherboard goes green as do the GPU lights. And it keeps on running with no resets.. I however can't get a picture on the Mobo's onboard graphics or through the GPU.

The Monitor and lead, (both hdmi and VGA) has been tested on my laptop and works so it's the System.

So far i have

Triple checked connections, Yes the 4 pin CPU is plugged, and the main mobo loom

I'v Took the bios battery out.. (probably a little old school these days) and tried it 15 mins after

Juggled around with the ram, 1 stick in a slot etc but no avail on any of this.

I however have an almost identical system in my room, and my friend told me to whip his CPU out and throw mine in. and it fired up in his straight away to bios and shown the CPU temps and info etc.. so i KNOW this cpu is brand new and good.

The guy who gave me the board accidentally ripped a plastic ram module off the board (Slot number 1) just the plastic is off and the pins dont touch eachother and he told me he DIDNT test the board after this happened. Could this be the case? I have just ordered a brand new motherboard of the exact same spec so hopefully i'll be up and running, as it all points to the motherboard to me.

Just wondering what you pro's think. I used to be into all this, Dropped out for 6 years and now trying to build a rig haha.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Yep!

Sounds like it, its good you got a new mobo.

The other one would have been useless with a ripped ram module.

Edited by hamluis, 30 March 2017 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users