maybe someone here can help me figure this out. As of the last 2 weeks, my Ethernet speeds have been atrocious...along the lines of <5 Mbps down and <2 up. I am paying for 200Mbps through Comcast (I know, not guaranteed that speed), but would be great to get something close to it.
Anyways here is what I have tried and also noticed:
1. uninstalled and installed latest driver for NIC
2. updated Windows with latest patches
3. tested throughput using same Ethernet cable on a MAC, tops out near 200Mbps consistently
4. went into adapter advanced properties and changed Speed&Duplex setting to '1Gbps Full Duplex' (was set to auto-negotiate)
5. even purchased a new NIC and get the same low speeds consistently as the board NIC
*Note: since moving Speed & Duplex Property to '1 Gbps Full Duplex', speeds are at least over 100 Mbps consistently. However I still do not see why this is happening.
Also noticed when running a speedtest on my VirtualBox VM (running on the same machine) the speed results are consistently around 200 Mbps.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be the issue here?
Edited by bigverm23, 28 March 2017 - 03:52 PM.