Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

server 2k12 a/d DNS issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IL_IRISH8282

IL_IRISH8282

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

ok, I am having a issue with my only DC.  I had a log file spawn over night and use all the hard drive space which caused active directory to give the error below:

NTDS (720) NTDSA: An attempt to write to the file "C:\Windows\NTDS\edbres00002.jrs" at offset 10485760 (0x0000000000a00000) for 0 (0x00000000) bytes failed after 0.000 seconds with system error 112 (0x00000070): "There is not enough space on the disk. ".  The write operation will fail with error -1808 (0xfffff8f0).  If this error persists then the file may be damaged and may need to be restored from a previous backup.

I fixed the log file rebooted now I'm getting errors with ADWS(1202) and DNS(4000).

I did a restore from my carbonite backup and I have no change.  As well as running NETDOM commands (getting errors when attempting) Anyone have an idea of what I could try.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

So with the netdom did you try resetting the machine password or.....?

If you restored to an earlier version of the AD database then you will get errors mate.

Whats not working as far as clients go connecting to the server? Also make sure that the server time is correct after a restore.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

Another suggestion you may want to check after getting this resolved -- make sure you have multiple disks on your server, and don't save log files to the same disk where ntds.dit is located. Then you won't have to worry about space issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users