Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Believed PSU Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BennyAU

BennyAU

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:20 AM

Hi, I'm Ben and new to this forum. I am just seeking some assistance or guidance with a problem I am having. So about a week ago my computers PSU had stopped working, the computer just wouldn't boot anymore. So I ordered a new PSU (Corsair CX750M)and a GPU as well (GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC 8GB) since my older one was going out of date (AMD Radeon R9 Series). The PSU had arrived before the GPU so I had installed it to see if everything functioned correctly, and it did, it booted up fine. An issue came to appear when I actually tried playing a game, I was getting a strange constant stutter and much lower FPS than what I would usually get previous to installing the new PSU. I thought that possibly it could be the GPU finally giving in, so I then installed the new 1080 but to my surprise I still get the same result and the same low frame rate. I am really not sure what is going on, I have checked the cabling for the PSU multiple times and everything seems to be in order, I have no settings on to restrict any components in the PC (well at least I haven't applied any). I have never had any issue before with my CPU bottle necking anything either so I am not sure why the problem would arise now. Would there be a possibility that when the PSU stopped working, it could have damaged another part within the PC? Or is the new PSU just faulty? Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. I'll put my full system specs in below. Thanks!

Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.30GHZ

16GB RAM

OLDER GRAPHICS CARD: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

NEW INSTALLED GRAPHICS: GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC 8GB

Corsair CX750M PSU

(Let me know if any other specs would help.)

Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bikerkip

Bikerkip

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

I would suggest that you test your RAM if you have not already done so......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users