Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Record Xbox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Melon109

Melon109

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:38 PM

Hello. Is there any way I could record Xbox gameplay straight to my computer? Or, if that is not possible, what do I need to copy vcr to dvd at home? I am trying to post something on the internet, but the only way I can get it there is by recording the TV with a digital camera with video capabilites. I also don't know if this is the right place to post this. Some one help me! I am confused!
STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC! ARRGGG!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

its not possible with xbox recording to computer. xbox dvds use 2048 bit encryption and it be to hard to break.

#3 What The Who

What The Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

Isn't there a way though to hook up the video feed from the X-box to your computer? Such as with a TV Tuner? I don't think he wants to rip X-box disks, but just record the video feed. Am I correct Melon?
"If it doesn't make sense... It's probably true."

- Arlo Guthrie

#4 Lonster

Lonster

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:55 AM

Hello. Is there any way I could record Xbox gameplay straight to my computer? Or, if that is not possible, what do I need to copy vcr to dvd at home?

Regardless of the source of video signal, you just need some kind of video capture device with external inputs (SVGA on both sides is preferable to composite video), e.g. the ATI All-In-Wonder series (I use a PCIe version), to capture (i.e. "record") to a video file the output of the Xbox game play video, save it, and then use some DVD burning software, e.g. NERO, Roxio, or whatever to burn the file to DVD or CD-V disc, depending on length.

Optionally you can record videos to VCR and then playback the tape with the VCR A/V outputs into the PC capture device inputs, save the file to PC and burn it to DVD. But that degrades the overall quality going from digital to analog and back to digital (D/A/D conversions).

Of course this all assumes you have a fast enough (P4 class) PC to accomplish real-time video capture, without a lot of drop-out or lockups.

Good luck! :thumbsup:
"Applying computer technology is simply a matter of
finding the best wrench to pound in the correct screw."

- Guru Tru Yahu

#5 Melon109

Melon109
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

I am talking about a capture card. I would like it best if I could get a external one, so I don't have to screw around with my computer. I would also like to record from the image on the TV, (not directly from the xbox so the image and gameplay is still the same) Could you give me some good suggestions. My price range is under $100
STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC! ARRGGG!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users