Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have A Big Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xxsnareb0y07xx

xxsnareb0y07xx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:30 PM

Im new to this forum because I was urgent to seek help for my computer as soon as possible, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize. Any help at all is greatful. Here's my situation.

My computer is acting very bad just recently. It seems that some type of malware has installed itself on my computer known as "SysProtect". At the first sign of it, it had a window pop up saying that it was installing it, so I immediately Ctrl+Alt+Delete'd and killed all strange processes, but it seems that didnt stop it. It's on my computer now, and my first instinct was to go to "Add/Remove Programs" to take it off the computer, then run a scan afterwards. Well, this is where I run into an even bigger problem. Nothing on my desktop works AT ALL. If I click any icon on the desktop, all the icons will disappear for a second, and then itll refresh them, but nothing will load. The only thing that will work is Internet Explorer. Even if I try to go through the start bar to access things, it won't let me. So basically, this means, I cannot access "My Computer", the "Control Panel", or anything important basically, so I'm in a bad situation. If anybody knows what I can do to solve the problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

-Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

Hello xxsnareb0y07xx

Download SysProtect Remover to your Desktop.
Double-click on it, hit the "Remove Now button" to start and follow the on screen instructions.

Then see the self-help tutorial How To Remove Winfixer/Virtumonde/Msevents/Trojan.vundo.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users