Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display issues - HP mini 110 netbook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 silentmonolith

silentmonolith

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

I am having this following issue when turning on the netbook: the screen lights up, however it is just a dark screen (see picture). The HDD light shows that the OS is loading and I guess when it finishes loading up, the screen goes completely black (same as it would be when the netbook is turned off). Is it a graphic card issue or LCD screen? Thanks.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Could either be the graphics chipset or the LCD screen. Do you get the same screen when tapping F2 at boot? 

http://systemcomputertech.blogspot.com/2013/05/what-is-hp-mini-110-boot-key.html

Does the computer have a VGA output allowing you to use an external monitor. You may need to press a function key to allow an external monitor. If it does and the external throws the same screen then it's a motherboard problem.

#3 silentmonolith

silentmonolith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I couldn't get any output when connecting an external display (and pressing the fn+F2 key combination). Pressing F2 alone didn't do anything. I guess this needs a new mobo right?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

That or the LCD screen but I would hazard a guess it's the motherboard. For the age of this computer I would bin it and purchase a new or refurbished computer depending on your budget. I am not sure if this computer has a normal hard drive but if it does you can pull it and attach it to another computer using a USB adapter to remove any personal data. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users