Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update now mouse wont work

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cbr629

cbr629

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

I updated my Asus laptop from windows 10 and now the touch mouse won't work,any help would be really appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,108 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

Please clarify what you mean by "touch mouse."  With the now common touch screen you might be talking about mouse control on the screen or you might be talking about the laptop mouse touchpad.

Also, have you tried connecting an external mouse just to see whether it behaves like it should or also exhibits the same issue?

I suspect this might be a driver issue, so I'd suggest going to the Asus support website, finding the support page for your machine, and downloading the very latest mousepad driver (if this is what you're having trouble with) and installing it.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 cbr629

cbr629
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Yes I mean the mouse touchpad and yes it does work with an external mouse and yes I've tried to install the driver from the Asus website and none of the download works to fix the mouse touch pad

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

Does the Acer have a Fn key or switch for turning the touchpad on and off? What is the model number of the Acer?

Edit: From what I googled it could be the Fn key + F7 but it may be different for your model.

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 March 2017 - 03:19 PM.

#5 cbr629

cbr629
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Thanks I do have the Fn key and it did not cut the mousepad back on after the update,i'm at work now and dont have the laptop in front of me for the model number

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,108 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

Well, when you get back in front of the machine I'd suggest you go into device manager and intentionally uninstall the mousepad device then run a rescan of hardware and let it find it and reinstall the hardware and driver.

It's worth a shot.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

~ Austin O'Malley

#7 cbr629

cbr629
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

Thanks Britechguy I will try that and thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions! :bounce:

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,108 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

Also, in light of John_C21's observation, it would be worth checking out whether there's an updated driver or utility related to the "media functions" of the function keys for your machine.  I don't have my old Asus laptop handy, but I seem to remember it had a mousepad on/off function key.

Also make sure to take a look at whether Device Manager indicates that the mousepad device is working properly, both before you uninstall it and after it gets reinstalled, just so you know whether Device Manager recognizes it as non-functional.

~ Austin O'Malley

#9 cbr629

cbr629
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Ok thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users