Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How to treat SVCHOST inbound connections?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Carpentry

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:05 AM

I noticed a bunch of inbound connections by SVCHOST. I don't know if they are new or I never payed attention to them.

I have seen many topics regarding Comodo and SVCHOST. My svchost is receiving connections from IPs Belonging to my ISP. The IP's changed only the last number since the first time i wrote down the IP. Another IP is listed as something as my ISPNetwork_backbone, not too sure what that means.

All these connections appear to happen at random times. The owners  of the process where "SSDPSRV," "Dnscache," "CryptSvc," "eventlog", "RpcSs".  They where a mix of UDP and TCP connections, and I'm guessing mostly local. The "owners" are legitimate system file. My computer appears clean. Also, the connections show bytes going in and out, I haven't looked at this in detail though.

TL:DR: All this caught my attention and I wonder if the tips found  here ---> https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis-b135.0/-t105069.0.html (reply #3) be alright to follow.

Edited by Carpentry, 27 March 2017 - 04:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users