Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Struggling With Win7 Clean Install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jackrasmussen

jackrasmussen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

Today I tried to do a Windows 7 clean install. I didn't realize all drivers would be gone after, but I have the MSI drivers and utilities disk that came with my iBuyPower BB920, as well as the Win10 reinstall disk. My computer did not come with an internal DVD drive, but I have an external one that connects through USB. Of course, there's no driver for the USB either, so it won't recognize the DVD drive or the flash drive I have the drivers copied onto, 2.0 or 3.0. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anorkneemerse

anorkneemerse

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:18 AM

Today I tried to do a Windows 7 clean install. I didn't realize all drivers would be gone after, but I have the MSI drivers and utilities disk that came with my iBuyPower BB920, as well as the Win10 reinstall disk. My computer did not come with an internal DVD drive, but I have an external one that connects through USB. Of course, there's no driver for the USB either, so it won't recognize the DVD drive or the flash drive I have the drivers copied onto, 2.0 or 3.0. Any suggestions?

I5 6400 Skylake CPU
Windows 10 Professional
AMD MSI RX 480 4gb graphics card
16gb DDR4 Ram
120 gb ssd
1Tb Hdd
Tempered glass computer case/w led lights and remote
MSI 110M VD Plus motherboard
Keyboard and mouse included
By Ibuypower BB920

Your modern computer came with Win 10 = is optimized only for Win 10(= lack device drivers for Win 7/8.1), and is not optimized for Win 7, eg the Win 7 SP1 Install/Recovery media from M$-website has no support for USB 3.0 and NVMe(= non-SATA) SSD.

....... The USB 2.0 ports should work under Win 7 = you need to use USB 2.0 Flash-drives, and not USB 3.0 Flash-drives. You need to connect your external USB 2.0 DVD-drive to the USB 2.0 port and let Windows Update automatically fetch the driver for you. If not, you have to do to the DVD manufacturer website to get the Win 7 driver.

While online with Win 7, you should be able to manually download and install the missing USB 3.0 driver at ...

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H110M-PRO-VD-PLUS-.html#down-driver&Win7%2064

Last resort is to "roll-back" to Win 10.

Good luck.

Edited by anorkneemerse, 27 March 2017 - 01:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users