Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Believe I am infected with the vmx client virus...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 playwiffme

playwiffme

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

1) Windows 7

2) Cannot put computer into Safe Mode

3) Cannot open System Restore

4) Cannot open RKill (have tried them all - claims its already running on the computer)

5) Task Manager / Applications show 2 client windows running

6) When booting the computer the computer is requesting to choose myself or another party to open windows

7) Can run Microsoft Security Essentials And ADWCleaner (previously installed on the computer)

8) Cannot run Malwarebytes or SpyHunter (both previously installed on the computer)

9) Can run Hitman Pro - installed on computer

10) Installed and ran Zemana Antimalware

11) Ran RogueKiller (previously installed on the computer)

12) Cannot run SpyBot Search & Destroy (previously installed on computer)

***Update 3/27/17*** 3pmEDT

After 5 scans of the Zemana Antimalware it has finally detected "parts" of this virus -

It detected and quarantined the following 2 files -

1) ct.exe - c:\users\thomas\appdata\local\microlabs\ct.exe

2) ntuserlitelist - c:\users\thomas\appdata\local\ntuserlitelist

The very instant I clicked on "next" to remove these 2 files my computer when into reboot mode.

After getting the green "Welcome" screen I waited a painfully long (at least) 5 minutes starring at a

totally black screen until the computer eventually opened Windows. Again it asked me to either choose

myself or another user upon opening which tells me something is still wrong. Once into windows I still

cannot activate RKill, Malwarebytes, Eset, etc. Still cannot enter into Safe Mode nor activate System Restore.

I await your help. Thank You.

Edited by playwiffme, 27 March 2017 - 02:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Has help here.
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/367394-cannot-access-safe-mode-system-restore-and-most-anti-malware-programs/page-3

Closing this.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users