Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Specifications of RAM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hugeB

hugeB

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

This picture shows the details of RAM in my desktop, I will add additional RAM in the device.

Which specifications of the additional RAM shall be same as the existing and which can be different?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hello,

You should look for & add to your existing computer 1 DDR3 RAM stick 2GB @667Mhz.

It may also not be exactly 667Mhz speed, but anywhere between 600 and 699Mhz is virtually the same, I believe.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
:)

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,794 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

Regardless of what's in there I really have always recommended running the Crucial System Scanner.  Whether you're buying from Crucial or not, I have never had this utility steer me wrong with regard to the types of memory that will work and the maximum amount I can have for the system as a whole, divided among the slots available.

It's much easier than guessing and your machine may be able to handle a lot more RAM than you think it can and RAM has gotten quite cheap.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#4 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:21 AM

Yes. Also look at what Brian has said, it's a really sound advice! And you don't even have to install anything. Just download their tool and directly run it & delete it afterwards. It's easy and simple.
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users