Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS lost my accounts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tierra93

Tierra93

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

Every time I log on I get MS message about lost accounts and have rebooted several times and shut down and came back and always the same (see attachment).  Also, when signed on most of my programs and all my documents, etc. are gone and if I load anything or reset anything it's lost immediately.

I ran ESET online and it found nothing.  I've not done anything weird.  The only new thing is 20 days ago when Malwarebytes updated it switched to the 30 day free trial which I don't want and Malewarebytes emailed me to uninstall with their uninstaller and to re-download (but it's still stuck on the free 30 day trial and only have 10 days left with it).

Any ideas - last update was 21 March and no problems until this afternoon.  I had no problems this morning when I was on.  I usually shut down the computer when not on.

Also, now Windows Defender is not working right and keeps saying to turn on when I've tried over and over.

Thank you.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 26 March 2017 - 06:04 PM.
Moved from W10 Spt to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

Do you use MalwareBytes 3.0x? This is known to cause profile corruption giving the same error as you show, there's an updated version for this & other problems, read & download the updated version here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198291-malwarebytes-306-cu4-beta-preview/

#3 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

Hi Goddess_Bastet,

Yes, it's updated to MalwareBytes 3.0x.

How do I fix it and get the free Malwarebytes, as the instructions from Malwarebytes loaded the free trial version and not the free version?

Thank you,

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

The Malwarebytes 3.0.6 is combination of a antimalware application and antivirus applications.  This is reputed to be able to be run in conjunction with a active antivirus, but there have been reports of it not playing nice with other active antivirus applications.  Applications can become corrupted which is what it sounds like what happened here.  I would suggest uninstalling the antimalware 2.2 and then download it again and reinstall it.

Edited by dc3, 27 March 2017 - 08:53 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 breslin

breslin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

I had also this problem. When I start my computer started automatic system restore. and kind is not problem with this.

#6 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

Hi dc3,

Is there a special way to uninstall?  Malwarebytes sent me a uninstaller but it had problems uninstalling.

Thank you

#7 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

There is no longer a version 2.2 only 3.0.6 and it no longer is free - just the free trial.

#8 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

There is no longer a version 2.2 only 3.0.6 and it no longer is free - just the free trial.

It's the same at it used to be in version 3.0.6 as the free trial you get 14 days of real time protection. After the 14 days you lose the real time protection and it's still free but limited compared to purchasing the license.  The new features are Anti-Exploit,  Anti-Ransomeware,  Malicious Website Protection which expire along with the real time after 14 days. You retain the Anti Malware, Anti Spyware Anti Rootkit after the 14 days.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/

Edited by orlbuckeye, 28 March 2017 - 07:42 AM.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#9 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

Thank you orlbuckeye!

I've totally removed Malwarebytes and don't think I'll be reloading it until they fix the problems.

Does anyone know if there will be more problems with the files that were corrupted or will they go back to normal?

Thank you everyone.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

You most certainly can still download the antimalwarebytes 2.2, you can download right here at Bleeping Computer.

Edited by dc3, 29 March 2017 - 02:32 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users