Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalling Windows 7 OEM?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

Hi what are my options if i want to reinstall a fresh windows 7 with a genuine OEM key? I am unable to get an ISO from the official microsoft site and would like a genuine ISO for clean install what would be the best way to go about this without obviously buying a new windows 7?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

Use this tool to download your iso version from Microsoft servers. Do a phone activation. 

If the OS still boots and Windows 7 was pre-installed you can use the Advanced Token Manager to access your key for the reinstall and restore the Activation Files. Unzip the Advanced Token Manager to a folder on the desktop and select Activation Backup. The button will change to Activation Restore if successful. Copy the folder on the desktop to a flash drive.

#3 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

Use this tool to download your iso version from Microsoft servers. Do a phone activation. 

If the OS still boots and Windows 7 was pre-installed you can use the Advanced Token Manager to access your key for the reinstall and restore the Activation Files. Unzip the Advanced Token Manager to a folder on the desktop and select Activation Backup. The button will change to Activation Restore if successful. Copy the folder on the desktop to a flash drive.

Thanks John, is there any way to be sure these files aren't tampered with other than reputation? As i have heard good reviews of the source.

#4 anorkneemerse

anorkneemerse

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

Thanks John, is there any way to be sure these files aren't tampered with other than reputation? As i have heard good reviews of the source.

You can verify the SHA1 checksum of the Win 7 iso file thru this link .......

https://superuser.com/questions/749136/checksums-for-win7-installation-files

Or you can use an anti-virus program to scan the downloaded Win 7 iso file for tampering/virus.

I have downloaded such Win 7 iso and did reinstalls without any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users