Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen freezes upon clicking desktop icons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 InfectedPlayer

InfectedPlayer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:20 AM

I have no idea if malware is attacking my PC or it was because the recent Windows 10 was installed and force restarted me. Once restarted, desktop icons loaded slow and taskbar pinned items didn't show at all. I tried system restoring and advanced repair only to be welcomed by BSoD WDF_Violation.

I can't do anything at all, desktop icons load slow but when I try opening anything the desktop freezes for good, same way in safe mode.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

I have no idea if malware is attacking my PC or it was because the recent Windows 10 was installed and force restarted me.

When you wrote Window 10 was installed were you referring to the actual installation of Windows 10 or a update?

Have you tried restarting a couple of times?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users