Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random computer wakeups wakeups

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bubba225

bubba225

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

Operating system: Windows 7

Security tools: Avast free, Malwarebytes premium, Tddskiller

What is happening: For the last about month I have been getting random wakeups on my computer. My power settings are set to have the computer never go to sleep but turn the display off. I also use the program teamspeak which is a voice chat program and I have noticed my time for idling resets when these issues occur. When I am looking in the event viewer logs I don't see any logins so I am not sure what could be causing it. Avast boot time scan, regular scan, tddskiller and malwarebytes have all been coming up clean. Since I was having these same issues I reinstalled my operating system about 3 days ago but the issues are still persisting. I would like to see if I can get a checkup from someone with more experience in virus removal. Thanks for any help.

Edited by bubba225, 26 March 2017 - 07:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:58 AM

Try to test the monitor on another device and see if this issue happens again. Could be a hardware problem, not a software one.
Also, just to be sure, open up your PC (only if its out of warranty), take out your video card & blow any dust away you might have in the socket, and then put your video card back in again.
Hope this helps! :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 26 March 2017 - 04:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users