Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost operating system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AntonRahbek

AntonRahbek

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

Product Name: Compaq Presario CQ5207SC

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

---

I need help to install an operating system on my old desktop. It didn't run Windows 10 very good so I tried to degrade it back to Windows 7. Apparently it failed, and had also somehow deleted the Windows 10 operating system. So now I'm left with no installation disc (I lost it), and no operating system. Where can I get the OS, and how? Also, how can I boot the installation from CD or flash-drive? Tell me if you need serial number, product key etc.

Thanks in advance

-Anton

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:31 AM

Ordering A Recovery Kit From HP

Louis

#3 anorkneemerse

anorkneemerse

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

@ AntonR

If you have access to another working Windows computer, you can download the 2.4GB(32bit) Win 7 SP1 iso  and burn it to a DVD+R or USB-stick, eg with the Imgburn or Universal USB Installer program, and then do a reinstall. .......

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

You can also order online from HP's website for your Win 7 Install/Recovery DVD which will cost you about US$20, including shipping.

Since the Win 10 digital license is already registered on your motherboard, you should also create a Win 10 Install media via M$'s website, as another option.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

You will want to exercise caution when downloading ISOs from non-Microsoft websites. Heidoc appears to have a good rep, but there's no guarantee the ISOs you are getting aren't tampered. You would be safer going with the HP option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users