Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing store apps and ms account

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

I recently setup a win 10 laptop for one of my kids and I have my ms account on there but a non ms user account for my child... I managed to install Minion Rush(a game they enjoy) through the app store onto my child's profile with little hassle.  I believe I had to just approve of the installation with my password.

but now I'm trying to do the same for another child on a win 8.1 laptop and it's not going the same way.  It wants me to connect my account, as in set that account up as if it's me or something.  I'm just confused.  Of course it's late and I'm tired so I'm not really on top of it all but...  I'd like to be able to put the apps on my child's account without it thinking it's my account or something.
If all that makes sense.  I may try to mess with it more tomorrow but thought I'd post here in case I'm missing something easy and to get thoughts I can come look at in the morning.  :)
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users