Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

corrupted or unreadable file, help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

I get this message when I try to transfer my video file from sd card to PC: (see attached photo)

things I've tried:

-error checking repair/fix (windows)...gets stuck at 13% and doesn't do anything after that

-chkdsk at cmd prompt same thing

Attached File  SnapShot_170326_111604.jpg   108.58KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,904 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

Try this, from Sevenforums, -  https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139555-0x80070570-error-says-cant-copy.html

You forgot to give the important details like the make and model of your coputer and the OS you are running but this solution should work on vista, Win 7 and 8/8.1. It may work on XP and Win 10. If it doesn't you can search Google for the error code you have received.

If it turns out that you cannot repair or recover it I would format the card and try a couple of test shoots to see if they work, ie copy across. If they don't I would bin the card as damaged beyond repair.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

Thanks Chris!  I'll give that a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users