Too Many Problems to List
Hello, my name is Veo and I am having many problems with my father's windows 7 desktop computer. I was able to remove/quarantine many viruses and malewares. Unfortunately, I strongly believe there are still viruses and malwares present. Here is a short list of the problems I am currently having:
1. Windows Defender will not update
2. Windows Update will not update
3. Malwarebytes (the latest version) cannot connect to the service
4. I am having trouble removing Mindspark browser hijacks
5. The Windows Security Center service can't be started
My apologies for violating the "one problem per post" guideline, but I am at a loss as where to start cleaning up this windows 7 desktop computer. If someone (with a lot of patience) from the Community could help and guide me through these problems I would be grateful. Thanks in advance!
PS - The old windows 7 desktop in question does have an antivirus called "WEBROOT" installed. But I feel it is close to useless as it has not stopped many viruses and malewares. However, WEBROOT is still currently on.